Now that Head Like Fire is out… what’s next for me? Well I’ll tell you (in no particular order because really, who knows)…
- ... Like Ashes – My upcoming free bonus album will be called … Like Ashes and like Further Into The Dark and Another Sky before it will feature bonus tracks that were cut from Head Like Fire and remixes of songs from that album done by some of my musician friends. The remixes are truly remarkable, and the 8 bonus tracks are in some of my favorite tracks I’ve made. Quite honestly, I’m surprised this thing came out so good haha. I’m just putting the finishing touches on it now and will post a blog with the album cover and track list next week and aim to release the album in March for people who bought Head Like Fire, and then a couple months later for everyone else… So go buy Head Like Fire! It’s available on Bandcamp, CD Baby, iTunes, Amazon and everywhere else.
- This Thing Rules – I am so behind on the blog series and I feel terrible about it. But I’m going to get back on track and get a lot of new reviews out in 2017. I should have one before the end of Februray done and then I plan on knocking out all the other ones that I’ve been putting on hold so that I have at least one a month for the rest of the year (if possible two a month). I promise to get this back up and running.
- Computer Cleanup – I started this over the Holidays and so far so good, but there’s still more to do. This has been an on-going project for me for years now, and I really feel with the insane amount of music and projects I’ve worked on, it’s time for me to really get everything organized properly.
- A new reel. Another thing I’ve been putting off for far too long. I have a lot of great clips to show… But I just keep putting off cutting them together into a new reel of my work. I’m hoping to have it ready by the end of March.
- Some new comedy-rap – Yeah, I don’t talk about that stuff on this site very often, but I’ve been feeling the itch for a while now, and quite frankly, I need a little break from all the serious music haha. I have two comedy-rap projects I hope to complete in 2017. And another for 2018. And one for 2019. Maybe by 2020 it will finally be out of my system haha.
- A series of EPs featuring unreleased music – Some of them are songs that could have ended up on my albums but were never quite finished. Some are tracks from my music libraries or films I’ve worked on. And other little unreleased bits and pieces. I’m aiming to release 4 10-song albums like this. When? I’m not sure. But this is something I’ll be working on preparing ahead of time so that I’ll have a lot of new content in the next couple years.
- Two concept albums – These will probably happen before my 4th regular album. I’m not going to reveal the details yet, but these are very specific ideas I have that will be a lot of work but I think will be really cool and really worth it. They essentially have their specific requirements and limitations that will keep the music within a certain theme, and I know exactly how I want them to come together. It’s just a matter of doing it.
- Album #4 – Yes Head Like Fire just came out, but I already know the name and the general direction I want to go with the music. But I have no idea when it will happen. Probably in a couple years. But the wheels are turning. It might happen before the concept albums and the EPs… It might be after. But I know where I want my music to go, and it’s going to be awesome.
- More Music Videos – In February I will be releasing “Constellations VR” which is my 2nd 360 VR Music Video. It was created by NewLine Videography and is absolutely awesome (the image at the top of this post is a screen shot). I started showing off a demo at events here in Las Vegas recently and the reaction has ranged from “WOAH!” to “I want to LIVE in this thing!” Haha. It is really cool and is the first of 3 videos I have planned with this company. I also have videos coming in the next few months from different film directors I have worked with in the past. More news about those will follow soon.
- More Film Festivals! – On Tuesday, February 7th, the DAM Short Film Festival will be showing my new video “Back Into The Dark” during their music video showcase. This will hopefully be the first of many film festival screenings I’ll be attending this year for “Back Into The Dark,” “Butterfly” and my other upcoming music videos. I recently had screenings that I unfortuntaely couldn’t attend at the Apex Short Film Festival in Tuscon for “Butterfly,” and the Slumberjack Film Festival in England for “Dreams Like These.”
- More films! – I’m always working on more films. As a matter of fact, one of them, “Heidi” will be out on VOD & DVD soon and the director just cut a music video to the closing track “Playtime.” You can check it out below, and the film itself, which is a feature length found footage scary doll movie, will be out soon. I’ll also be releasing “Playtime” as a digital single on iTunes soon! Speaking of scary dolls… I also scored another scary doll movie (what are the odds?) called “Daisy” which will be coming out online later this month.
Obviously I have a really full plate ahead of me. Which is why I also wanted to take this moment to let those that are reading know, I’ll also be a little quieter than usual on social media. I’ve obviously got some things coming out that I’ll be promoting, but generally speaking, I am about to embark on a bit of a break from the tiny, tiny spotlight so that I can focus on all of this stuff behind the scenes, as well as working on stuff in my life outside of music. All is going great, but I definitely need to take some time after an absolute whirlwind of a time finishing, releasing and promoting Head Like Fire. But I’ve got a ton of stuff coming soon as you can see, so you’ll be hearing from me plenty.
Thanks as always for listening and supporting what I do.
David Rosen is an award-winning music composer. He composes original music for films, commercials, jingles, video-games and all other kinds of media projects. He has a vast music library of original tracks available for licensing and is also available for custom compositions. Contact him on the ABOUT page for pricing and availability for your next project.