As is tradition whenever I release a new album, it’s time for my mom’s review of my new album MORE CONTENT. Yes I’m still out there hustling for reviews and interviews and any kind of coverage I can get for my albums (thanks for reSearch my Trash for the great interview), but it’s always fun to find out what my mom thinks too. So here is her track by track break down (you can see her actual hand written notes in the featured image, and I’ve done my best to transcribe it below).
- “More” – OPENS W GUNFIRE?? EXCITING + FRANTIC – FELT LIKE I WAS BEING CHASED
- “Warrior” – MORTAL KOMBATISH. WAITING FOR FATALITY! NOT SURE IF I LIKE CHORUS OF MOANS IN BACKGROUND.
- “Boiling Point” – STARTED OFF STONER THEN UPTEMPO, BACK TO STONED.
- “Trapped In The Beat” – CHILL!!
- “Touched” – OK – NOT MEMORABLE
- “Secret Places” – EXCITING – LIKE THE WAY IT BUILDS!! COULDA USED MORE CRASHING AT END.
- “How To Start A Fire” – VERY UPBEAT. 🙂
- “Inspiration” – NICELY MELODIC??
- “Ascending” – GENTLE – YET SAD + DRAMATIC
- “Antiviral” – RUNNING IN A FIELD OF FLOWERS – OR BEING CHASED BY BEES.
- “Power” – DRAMATIC – A LITTLE SCARY
- “Everything & Nothing” – DEATH MARCH – UPBEAT IN MIDDLE THOUGH
- “Horizon Lines” – PLEASANT-ISH
- “Distance” – DRAGGY / WHINY
- “Blacklight” – FESTIVE – CELEBRATORY
- “Signals” – UPLIFTING – EVEN A LITTLE EXHILARATING!!
Oy vey. Aye yai yai… I don’t even know what to make of half of these comments (especially the being chased by bees part) but I always laugh and enjoy Mom’s reviews. She also at first thought the album cover was me in front of speakers. Then when I told her they were films she asked if they were “those A24 films that you like.”
Thanks to my Mom and Dad for their support as always, and thank you to all of you for listening. If you haven’t yet, you can grab the Limited Edition CD of MORE CONTENT from my Bandcamp at https://davidrosen.bandcamp.com/album/more-content. It’s a really awesome package I put together and of course on CD is going to be the best way to listen to it.
You can also find the album on all your favorite streaming services including Spotify and Apple Music. And if you write reviews, have a podcast, or in any other way want to feature MORE CONTENT, get in touch and I’ll get you a copy.
The music video for “Blacklight” will be out next week!
David Rosen is an award-winning music composer. He composes original music for films, commercials, jingles, video-games and all other kinds of media projects. He has a vast music library of original tracks available for licensing and is also available for custom compositions. Contact him on the ABOUT page for pricing and availability for your next project.