My new album, Head Like Fire is coming out on December 6th, and like I did last time around, I’ve got the exclusive first review… From my mom.
Before getting into the review, make sure to check out the Pre-Order blog post so you can get your pre-order in (go ahead… I’ll wait). Pre-ordered the limited edition CD copy sponsored by Wax Trax Records? Good. Alright, on with the review.
- Impossible – WELCOME BACK YANNI!
- Angel – HADDA WAIT A LONG TIME FOR HOOK TO COME BACK – BUT WORTH IT!!
- Made of Stone – KINDA MELLOW – FOR A FILM CREDITS ROLLING NOW (David’s note: what? haha)
- Under The Dust – NICE – KINDA LONG (David’s note: Great review mom haha)
- Trying Again – SLOW START – THEN BECOMES UPLIFTING
- Devil – THE MOST DRAMATIC – SO FAR
- Constellations – KINDA INSTROSPECTIVE + DEEP
- Artificial – NOT MEMORABLE BUT A NICE ENDING (David’s note: Thanks mom haha)
- Head On Fire – SHADES OF YANNI! (David’s note: Hahahahahaha)
- Butterfly – NICE – KINDA LIKE A NOT TOO VIOLENT CHASE SCENE (David’s note: At this point, why not? haha)
- Burnout – SHADES OF METALLICA!
- Out Of Everything – UPTEMPO COUNTRY-ISH THEN CHANGES TO ? (David’s note: I don’t even know what to make of this comment hahaha)
- Negative – NICE, FUN + LIGHT
- Free Fall – BIG!! GOOD FOR OPENING CREDITS
- Only In Dreams – OK, BUT AFTER #14 NOT TOO EXCITING (David’s note: That’s what we in the business call dynamics, mom… hahaha)
- Back Into The Dark – HEAVY + SCARY – GREAT GUITAR – IS THAT A GUITAR I’M HEARING (David’s note: It’s a mix of real guitar and synths that sound like guitars)
So what did I learn this time around? Well for one, my mom has no idea what it is that I do (and by the way, in proof-reading this blog post I went back to the “An Unseen Sky – My Mom’s Review” blog post and noticed I said the exact same thing) haha. Number two, she’s out of her mind. But I love her, and I’m glad she’s one of the first people to give the album a listen. I can’t wait for you all to hear it soon!
David Rosen is an award-winning music composer. He composes original music for films, commercials, jingles, video-games and all other kinds of media projects. He has a vast music library of original tracks available for licensing and is also available for custom compositions. Contact him on the ABOUT page for pricing and availability for your next project.